Adding your first Record
The following section describes how to add your first Record in ActivityInfo.
How to add your first Record to a Form
- Start filling in the fields.
- If the Form contains a Serial Number Field you don't need to fill it in. It is automatically assigned by ActivityInfo.
- When entering the date in the Date Field keep in mind that the date format used across the ActivityInfo platform is the International date format YYYY-MM-DD. This means that no matter which locale or browser you are using and regardless the way you insert a date, ActivityInfo will always provide this date format. You can also click on the Calendar icon to select a Date.
- Fill in all the Required Fields. In case you miss a required field you will not be able to save the data you entered. The Required Fields will be highlighted with red.
- If the Form includes a Multi-line field, you can expand the block where you are entering the text information so that you can view all the text. To do this drag the two lines in the corner of the box.
- When you are adding Records, you will only see the fields that are related to the answers you provide. Fields that have been added with a Relevance rule will only appear if you fulfil the rules. In the example below, the Quantity field "Number of upgrades" appeared because the answer in the previous question was "Yes".
If a field includes an Input Mask you will be asked to provide your answer in a specific format. Take a look at the Input Mask characters to make yourself familiar with the various types.
- Click on "Save Record" to save your first record.
- If there is a Subform in the Form you will find it inline. You can add Records to the Subform too.
- Click on it to add your Records.
- Start filling in the fields of the Subform. The same rules as before apply.
- Click on "Save record" when you are ready.
- You can view the Record in the parent Form.
- Click on "Save record" to save the Record.
- In the Table View page you can view the added Record.
- Click on it to open the Record side panel.
- View the Details of the Record in the Details tab and the History of the Record in the History tab.
- To view the Record of the Subform, click on the Subform name on the Details tab.
- Click on the Record to open the Record side panel.
- View the Details of the Record of the Subform in the Details tab and the History of the Record in the History tab.