Introduction to R and ActivityInfo
Interested in more webinars and material on M&E? Sign up for our newsletter!
About the webinar
This Webinar is a one-hour session part of the 2022 ActivityInfo Training Webinar Series. These Webinars are ideal for users of ActivityInfo who wish to master various features and aspects of the platform for their daily work in Monitoring and Evaluation data collection activities or information management tasks.
During this session we work with the ActivityInfo API and the R programming language.
In summary, we discuss:
- Short introduction to the R language and the connection to ActivityInfo
- Retrieving data from ActivityInfo with R
- Updating ActivityInfo with R
View the presentation slides of the Webinar.
View the source code used in the Webinar.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you responsible for information management in your organization?
- Do you have an admin role in the platform or wish to expand your knowledge to enrich your capabilities?
- Are you leading report design for data collected in ActivityInfo from partner organizations or colleagues?
Then, watch our Webinar!
About the Trainer
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.