Measuring impact quantitatively - statistics for impact measurement
Interested in more webinars and material on M&E? Sign up for our newsletter!
About the webinar
This Webinar is the second of two parts on the topic "Measuring impact quantitatively". It is a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation professionals who are interested in learning more about measuring impact and using statistics. The first session discussed the 'design and collect' process; this session will discuss statistics for impact analysis.
Some of the points we will cover are:
- Designing impact evaluations
- Modelling randomness in the measurement process
- Moving from statistical significance (p-values) to measures of effect size and confidence intervals
You can also view the presentation slides.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner responsible for designing surveys and data collection tools for your programmes?
- Do you wish to learn more about working with quantitative data and statistics?
- Do you wish to understand better surveys and how you can demonstrate the impact of your programmes?
- Are you interested in constantly improving your systems?
Then, watch our Webinar!
About the Speaker
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.