Measuring impact quantitatively - designing and collecting data
Interested in more webinars and material on M&E? Sign up for our newsletter!
About the webinar
This Webinar is the first of two parts on the topic "Measuring impact quantitatively". It is a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation professionals who are interested in learning more about measuring impact. The first session will focus on the 'design and collect' process and the second session on March 17th will discuss statistics for impact analysis.
Some of the points we covered were:
- What is a quantitative impact evaluation?
- Sources of measurement error
- Statistics for reliability
- Using cognitive interviewing to improve survey instruments
- Designing experiments
You can also view the presentation slides.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner responsible for designing surveys and data collection tools for your programmes?
- Do you wish to learn more about working with quantitative data?
- Do you wish to understand better surveys and how you can demonstrate the impact of your programmes?
- Are you interested in constantly improving your systems?
Then, watch our Webinar!
About the Speaker
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.
Some of the resources we mentioned in the webinar are:
- Impact Evaluation in Practice. A freely downloadable book from the World Bank.
- Example script to calculate Cronbach's Alpha on data collected with ActivityInfo.
- Cognitive Interviewing: A How-to Guide
- Webinar: Cognitive interviewing for testing surveys
- Use of Cognitive Interviews to Adapt PROMIS Measurement Items for Spanish Speakers Living with HIV. An example of using cognitive interviewing to improve questionnaire quality