Bridging the gap between databases and mobile data collection in M&E
Interested in more webinars and material on M&E? Sign up for our newsletter!
About the webinar
The ActivityInfo M&E Webinar series is back and we start the year with a session on relational databases and mobile data collection tools used in Monitoring and Evaluation.
This Webinar is a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation professionals who are interested in exploring main concepts around relational databases and the link between a database and data collection apps.
Some of the points we cover are:
- What a relational database is, and why it is important for complete and accurate tracking of results
- Excel compared to a relational database
- Differences between XLSForm (‘typical mobile data collection tool’) and the relational data model
- Explain how ActivityInfo’s integrated mobile data collection tool can bridge the gap more efficiently and improve data quality
You can also download the presentation.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner responsible for designing tools for your organization or your programmes?
- Do you wish to explore the possibilities of relational databases but don't know where to start?
- Are you interested in constantly improving your systems and helping your team make the right decisions based on real-time developments?
- Are you considering alternatives to spreadsheets, paper-based data collection or multiple parallel systems working together?
Then, watch our Webinar!
About the speakers
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.
Mr. Jeric Kison earned his Bachelor's Degree from York University in Canada and his MBA from the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. He has worked with NGOs and governments across four continents on strategy and evaluation for nine years. Before joining ActivityInfo he worked as a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Pilipinas Shell Foundation, Inc., where he led a project to develop an organizational M&E System which included the roll-out of ActivityInfo as the organization’s new information management system. He now joins us as our Implementation Specialist, bringing together his experience on the ground and passion for data to help our customers achieve success with ActivityInfo.