Evaluation planning and design in humanitarian assistance
The Monitoring and Evaluation webinar series “Evaluation in humanitarian assistance” is a series of three live sessions addressed to M&E professionals working in humanitarian operations. These webinars comprise a course which will help you get a comprehensive understanding of all the steps involved in evaluation in humanitarian assistance including: introduction, planning and design and implementation.
The series is addressed to entry/intermediate level professionals and it is highly recommended that you join or watch the recordings of all webinars in their consecutive order so as to benefit from the complete course.
About this session
This is the second session of the series “Evaluation in humanitarian assistance”. It is a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation or other professionals who are interested in the planning and design phase in evaluation.
In summary, we explore:
- What type of evaluation are you going to undertake?
- What are the different types of evaluations?
- How to frame your evaluation
- How to determine evaluation questions
- What are the evaluation criteria?
- What are the activities upon the inception phase?
- How can you best plan and manage the evaluation?
- What is desk review and why is it important?
There will also be a Q&A session so make sure to bring your questions!
List of sessions
Evaluation in humanitarian assistance:
- Getting started with evaluation in humanitarian assistance (May 11th)
- Evaluation planning and design in humanitarian assistance (June 8th)
- Implementation of evaluation in humanitarian assistance (July 6th)
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an entry/intermediate level M&E or IM practitioner who wishes to better understand the steps included in an evaluation for humanitarian assistance and more specifically the planning and design phase?
- Are you assisting in evaluations in your organization, or is that a role you would like to take on and you would like to get a deeper understanding that can facilitate your work?
Then, join our webinar!
About the Trainer
Ms Eliza Avgeropoulou earned her BSc from Athens University of Economics and Business, and her MSc degree in Economic Development and Growth from Lund University and Carlos III University, Madrid. She brings eight years of experience in M&E in international NGOs, including CARE, Innovations for Poverty Action and Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The past five years, she has led the MEAL system design for various multi-stakeholders’ projects focusing on education, livelihoods, protection and cash. She believes that evidence-based decision making is the core of high quality program implementation. She now joins us as our M&E Implementation Specialist, bringing together her experience on the ground and passion for data-driven decision making to help our customers achieve success with ActivityInfo.