Information management systems for inclusive climate action
Interested in more webinars and material on M&E? Sign up for our newsletter!
About the webinar
In this session we discuss information management and monitoring and evaluation in inclusive climate action. We welcome Josephine Agbeko from C40 Cities as a panelist to discuss her experiences and lessons learnt as well as the role of data in driving action. We also present how ActivityInfo can support your data management activities in the context of climate action.
In summary, we explore:
Understanding climate justice and inclusive climate action:
- Significance of climate justice and inclusive climate action
- Case study of C40 Cities climate justice initiatives
- Lessons learned from C40 Cities' experiences
Monitoring and Evaluation for climate justice:
- Role of data in driving climate action
- Examples of successful data-driven climate initiatives
- Frameworks for Monitoring and Evaluating climate justice programs
- Highlighting effective Monitoring and Evaluation practices for climate justice
ICT4D - Information management for climate justice and inclusive climate action:
- Information management in the context of climate initiatives
- Data collection, storage, and analysis
- Importance of standardization and consistency
- Working with a database template in ActivityInfo in the context of climate justice initiatives
View the presentation slides of the Webinar.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Do you wish to explore concepts related to climate action and climate justice?
- Are you working with data related to climate action and looking for ways to enhance you M&E activities?
- Do you wish to ask questions about information management in data-driven climate initiatives?
Then, watch our webinar!
About the Speakers
Victoria Manya has a diverse background and extensive expertise in data-driven impact, project evaluation, and organizational learning. She holds a Master's degree in local development strategies from Erasmus University in the Netherlands and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. at the African Studies Center at Leiden University. With over ten years of experience, Victoria has collaborated with NGOs, law firms, SaaS companies, tech-enabled startups, higher institutions, and governments across three continents, specializing in research, policy, strategy, knowledge valorization, evaluation, customer education, and learning for development. Her previous roles as a knowledge valorization manager at the INCLUDE platform and as an Organizational Learning Advisor at Sthrive B.V. involved delivering high- quality M&E reports, trainings, ensuring practical knowledge management, and moderating learning platforms, respectively. Today, as a Customer Education Specialist at ActivityInfo, Victoria leverages her experience and understanding of data leverage to assist customers in successfully deploying ActivityInfo.
Josephine Agbeko is a feminist leader in climate justice and sustainable business development. She is the founder of Climate Voice Global, a climate advocacy entity focused on promoting access to climate information to influence climate accountability and action. Ms Agbeko serves as C40 Cities City Advisor for Inclusive Climate Action in Accra where she is the technical and policy lead and provides support to city departments and the Office of the Mayor for the implementation of equitable climate action in Accra. She also currently provides technical assistance to support cities in Ghana and Tanzania to build structures which foster inclusive climate action. She is currently supporting C40 Cities’ organisational efforts to mainstream inclusion and equity across various climate sectors such as waste, transport, and energy and buildings. Her technical delivery experience spans the private sector and civil society and includes initiatives in climate resilience, sustainable business, and environmental and social sustainability.