Mastering the basics of information management with ActivityInfo
Welcome to ActivityInfo’s self-paced course “Mastering the basics of information management with ActivityInfo”. This is a free training course provided by the ActivityInfo team which you can follow online at your own pace.
With this course, you can master the most important features in ActivityInfo to create an advanced information management system for your data collection and reporting needs. The course includes theory and tutorials presented in the form of videos, long-form text, downloadable reference material, and quizzes to test your newly acquired knowledge.
After completing this course you will be able to design and configure a data collection system of intermediate complexity in ActivityInfo and you will be familiar with the most important concepts and features of the software. If you are only interested in learning about data entry, then this course is not for you.
- Section 1: Introduction to information management and information systems.
- Section 2: Design and configure a basic data collection system in ActivityInfo.
- Section 3: Expand the basic data collection system with hierarchies and advanced structures.
- Section 4: Create pivot table reports to summarize and share information.
- Section 5: Configure roles and assign permissions to databases.
- Section 6: Ensure and improve data quality using additional features.
Note that this course consists of six sections, two of which are currently available. The full course will be released in the near future. Upon completion of the full course, you are eligible for official certification.
Is this course for me?
- Do you wish to understand how to move from a Logical framework to an efficient online information system?
- Are you interested in moving your paper-based or Excel-based data collection system online and want to use ActivityInfo to do so?
- Would you like to streamline data collection and reporting in your existing M&E system using ActivityInfo?
- Do you want to strengthen your knowledge in reporting systems and add an additional skill to your resume?
Then, get started with this course!