Inclusive and participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
Welcome to the course “Inclusive and participatory Monitoring and Evaluation”. This is a compilation of two panel sessions for professionals interested in inclusive M&E activities, participatory approaches for Monitoring and Evaluation and data collection.
These sessions were made possible thanks to the kind contribution of the subject matter experts Ms Naomi Falkenburg and Ms Mercy Owuor and are free training sessions provided by the ActivityInfo team.
Are these sessions for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner or Program Manager who wishes to better understand inclusive and participatory approaches to M&E practices?
- Are you responsible for leading M&E in your organization, or is that a role you would like to take on and you would like your practices to focus on inclusion and beneficiaries participation?
Then, get started with these sessions!
Best practices for inclusive Monitoring and Evaluation in data collection systems
During this session, we discuss questions related to inclusion with subject matter expert, Naomi Falkenburg.
In summary, we explore:
- What is inclusion and how can we capture inclusion concerns in the baseline to support inclusion in practice?
- What are inclusive indicators? Why would we use them, and how?
- How does an information system actually help reach our goals of being more inclusive in our programming? Does it have a real impact for the people on the ground?
- What are the risks of not disaggregating data?
- What kind of categories of disaggregated data should we keep in mind, and how should we decide which to use?
- What can we do when not all partners have breakdowns available?
- How can an information system work with qualitative data as well as quantitative data?
- What is the value of affected communities participating in M&E? How can we encourage participation?
Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
During this session, we discuss questions related to participatory M&E with subject matter experts Naomi Falkenburg and Mercy Owuor.
We look into the following topics:
- What is participatory M&E and why is it important?
- How does it look in practice?
- Challenges and possible solutions when adopting a participatory M&E approach
- Addressing power relations and improving chances for buy-in
- Working with vulnerable and marginalized communities
- Ensuring participation in all phases of the M&E cycle