The following section defines what a Subform is in ActivityInfo.
ActivityInfo has a very flexible Form Designer which allows you to create a variety of structures to fit the reporting needs of your organization. The way you design this structure depends on what the objectives are.
In ActivityInfo, a Subform is a Form within a Form.
Subforms are included within a parent Form.
You can also add a Subform within a Subform.
You can add up to 30 Subforms in a Form. The maximum Subform depth level is 10.
Subform Data Model
A Subform can be used for example to allow you to collect data which needs to monitored over a period of time, or will occur multiple times.
It can also be used to group different types of information that you need to collect.
Setting Relevance Rule on a Subforms
You can set relevance rules for Subforms like other fields in a parent form
- You can also write a Formula for more advanced rules. View all the available Formulas and read more about writing an expression for a Formula.
- If a Subform field satisfies the relevance rule, it becomes relevant and is displayed along with the records of the Subform.
- If a Subform field does not satisfy the rule but has existing records, it remains visible.
- If a Subform field does not satisfy the rule and has no existing records, it is hidden.
- Users can set up relevance formulas for Subforms based on any field type, or multiple field types.
- Records of Subforms are not automatically deleted when the Subform becomes irrelevant. But the records are marked as invalid
- Be aware of warnings that may appear if a field referenced in a Subform's relevance rule is changed, potentially leading to data or record deletion.
- Acknowledge warnings or revert to original values to proceed.
- A warning may also display if a Subform field's relevance rule is not met and there are existing records of the Subform. Acknowledge this warning to continue.
Analyzing Subform Records
- When analyzing data within a report, both relevant and irrelevant records of a Subform are visible.
- ActivityInfo ensures all records and records of Subforms within the report scope is available for analysis.
- ActivityInfo verifies user permissions to ensure that only authorized users can delete any records. To delete the records of a Subform that have become irrelevant,the user must agree to the deletion warning that is displayed. This prevents unintended data loss.