Adding a User field
The following section describes how to add a User field when designing a Form.
In databases based on the Case management database template, User fields allow users with the Role of Supervisor to assign Records (as Cases for example) to specific users.
User fields and inactive users: If you are using the User field in your Form and a user who has added Records to the Form, is no longer active, instead of deleting that user, create a new Role empty of permissions and assign it to that user.
You need to have added users to the Database for which you are designing the Form.
How to add a User field
- In the Form Design page, click on "User" to select the field from the Fields palette.
Fill in the Properties of the User field by providing:
- Label: type the label for which the user needs to provide information
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
- The User field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
In databases based on the Case management database template, Users with the Role of Supervisor will be able to select the user to which they want to assign a Record and Users with the Role of Case worker will be able to select their name from the user list.