Adding an Attachment field for images, documents and signatures
The following section describes how to add an Attachment field when designing a Form. The Attachment field allows users to add any type of file or multiple files when they are adding Records to a Form or Subform or to draw their signature.
- Maximum attachment size: 10 MB
- Maximum number of attachments per field: 20 attachments
- Attachments can't be Key fields.
Master the feature by completing the guide "Creating an inventory of qualitative content in an ActivityInfo database".
How to add an Attachment field
- In the Form Design page, click on "Attachments" to select the field from the Fields palette.
Fill in the Properties of the Attachment field by providing:
- Label: type the question or the label for which the user needs to provide an attachment
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
- The Attachment field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users will be able to add an attachment to the Attachment field when they are adding Records or draw their signatures.