Adding a Date field
The following section describes how to add a Date field when designing a Form. This allows you to add Locks to a Form or simply keep track of specific dates. Users can select a Date from a Calendar when adding Records or type a Date in the field. The Date format in ActivityInfo is YYYY-MM-DD so no matter the way the Date is typed by a user it will always appear in this format.
How to add a Date field
- In the Form Design page, click on "Date" to select the field from the Fields palette.
Fill in the Properties of the Date field by providing:
- Label: type the question or the label for which the user needs to provide information
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
If you make a Date field a Key field, you can use it to add a Lock for a specific date period for the Form.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
- The Date field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users will be able to provide a date for the Date field when they are adding Records.