Making a field Required
The following section describes how to make any field Required when designing a Form. By assigning this property to a field you make it Required to be filled in when users add Records. Users won't be able to save their Record unless they fill in the field(s) marked as Required.
- Make sure you assign this property only to fields that the users can definitely fill in.
- You cannot check "Required" and "Hide from entry" at the same time.
- If you make a Subformrequired, please note the following:
- When importing records to a Form that has a Required Subform, the system will not prevent new records from being imported to the Form if there are no Records for the Subform. Records to the Subform need to be imported in a second step.
- The system does not prevent records of a required Subform from being deleted. So even if a Subform is Required, its records can be deleted.
How to make a field Required
- In the Form Design page, click on the field you want to make Required to select it.
- In the Field Card editor, check the box next to "Required".
- Click on "Done" to save the change.
- The field has become Required and it is marked in the Form Design page with the REQUIRED label.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users will need to fill in the field marked as Required when adding Record in order to be able to save the Form.