Adding a Role
The database templates in ActivityInfo come with some predefined Roles. The predefined Roles define the type of Permissions a user will have to the Database/Folder/Form, they have been added to. You might want to add new Roles to better meet your needs.
You can add a new Role by duplicating an existing Role, renaming it and then changing the Permissions that correspond to it. Make sure you are using the template that includes Roles' setups which match your needs.
Take a look at the available Templates and Roles. For example, if you want users to be able to view records that belong only to their partner organization you would need to use the "Multi-partner reporting" template which comes with the customizable Role of "Reporting partner" which gives you this functionality. Such a functionality is not available in the customizable Roles that come with the Blank Database template.
- Select the Database for which you want to add a new Role or add a Database using a template.
- Click on "Database settings" to navigate to the Database Settings page.
- Click on "Roles" to reveal the available Roles for this database.
- Take a look at the permissions that come with each Role and select the one that better matches your needs.
Please note that Roles may vary depending on the template you use.
- Click on the Role you want to base the new Role on and click on "Duplicate role".
- The Role has been duplicated and you can view it in the list.
- Click on the duplicated Role and on "Rename role".
- Give a new name to the Role and click on "OK" to save it.
- Click on "Edit permissions" to define the Permissions you want to be included in this Role.
- Check or uncheck the boxes to define the new Permissions that you want to apply for this Role.
- Click on "Save" to save the changes.
- The new Role is added and you can assign it to invited users.