Making a field available only to reviewers
This section describes how to make a field available only to users that have been assigned the 'Edit 'Reviewer only' fields' permission. This property makes a field available only to designated users and can be used by reviewers who need to update the status of a Record, as approved or rejected, for example .
Users who have not been assigned the permission 'Edit 'Reviewer only' fields', won't be able to view the field in the data entry page.
However, all users will see the field in Table View, in Reports, in Print View, and in the Details tab.
The 'Edit 'Reviewer only' fields' permission can be assigned to user Roles or users via the User management section.
For Databases added before February 3rd, 2021, the 'Edit 'Reviewer only' fields' permission must be manually assigned to Roles via the Roles section or granted to individual users.
For Databases added after that date the 'Edit 'Reviewer only' fields' permission is part of the Admin Role in all Database templates and part of the Sector Lead Role in the Multi-partner reporting Database template.
How to make a field available only to reviewers
- In the Form Design page, click on the field you want to make available only to reviewers to select it or add a new field.
- In the Field Card editor, check the box next to "Reviewer only".
- Click on "Done" to save the change.
If this field is made Required, it will be only required for users who have this permission.
- The field has become available only to users that have been assigned the permission 'Reviewer only' and it is marked in the Form Design page with the REVIEWER ONLY label.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- Users that have been assigned the permission 'Reviewer only' will view the field in the data entry page. By editing a Record they can fill in this field.
- Users that have not been assigned the permission 'Reviewer only' will not be able to view the field when doing data entry.