Adding a Calculated Measure
The following section describes how to add a Calculated Measure to a Pivot Table. Calculated Measures allow you to write advanced Formulas, using the Formula editor in order to produce more advanced results from your data analysis.
How to Add a Calculated Measure
- After selecting the source of data you will use for the Pivot Table, select the field(s) you want to use as a Measure from the list of the fields and drag and drop the field(s) to Measures. then click on "+ Add calculated field".
- You can also click directly on "+ Add calculated field" without adding any Measure.
To create a Calculated Measure you need to have collected data. Calculated Measures can only be created with Quantity fields, Single Selection fields or Multiple Selection fields.
- The Formula editor will appear. Under Functions (left-hand side) you can view the Functions available. Under Fields (right-hand side) you can view the Fields available. Start writing your Formula.
- Click on "Done" when the Formula is valid.
- If the Formula is valid then the done button will be enabled. Otherwise it will remain disabled.
- View the available functions in "Formulas" and read more about writing Formulas.
- To select the Statistics to view for this Measure, click on the Measure to reveal the Statistic options and select the Statistics you want by ticking the boxes next to their names.
- View the Statistics of the Measure on the Pivot Table.
In the Measures card, you can also edit the name of the Measure or delete it.