Adding an Input Mask
The following section describes how to add an Input Mask to a Text field to constrain what users type in a field when adding Records. It can be used to make sure that users enter certain digits or letters. This can be useful if you have a field with administrative codes, for example. As users type in the field that has an Input Mask, the data entered will automatically get validated and the field will turn red if the data entered do not match the Input Mask and green when they do.
Take a look at the available characters and their explanations before creating an Input Mask.
How to add an Input Mask
- In the Form Design page, click on the Text field to which you want to add the Input Mask.
- In the Field Card editor, type the Input Mask
- Click on "Done" to save the change.
- The Input Mask has been added and you can view in in the Form Design page.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- In Data Entry page, a greyed out placeholder will indicate the type of text users need to type.