A guide to choosing sample sizes for M&E practitioners
This Webinar is a one-hour session ideal for Monitoring and Evaluation professionals who are interested in learning more about choosing samples for their surveys. During the Webinar we will discuss some key points to keep in mind when choosing a sample for our survey. Some of the key points we will cover are:
- Baseline surveys
- Mid term/final evaluations
- Oversampling for groups of specific interest
- Taking into consideration the costs of stratified and cluster sampling
- Understanding sampling and non-sampling error
- Introduction to using confidence intervals in the analysis
There will also be a Q&A session so make sure you bring your questions to the table.
The Webinar will be in English and there are limited seats available.
Make sure to register in time using the registration form on this page.
Is this Webinar for me?
- Are you an M&E practitioner responsible for designing surveys and data collection tools for your programmes?
- Do you wish to understand better how to choose a sample for your surveys and what to keep in mind while doing that?
- Do you want to ask questions regarding sample sizes or work with a sample calculator?
Then, join our Webinar!
About the Speakers
Mr. Alexander Bertram, Technical Director of BeDataDriven and founder of ActivityInfo, is a graduate of the American University's School of International Service and started his career in international assistance fifteen years ago working with IOM in Kunduz, Afghanistan and later worked as an Information Management officer with UNICEF in DR Congo. With UNICEF, frustrated with the time required to build data collection systems for each new programme, he worked on the team that developed ActivityInfo, a simplified platform for M&E data collection. In 2010, he left UNICEF to start BeDataDriven and develop ActivityInfo full time. Since then, he has worked with organizations in more than 50 countries to deploy ActivityInfo for monitoring & evaluation.