Tutorial: Connecting Power BI to ActivityInfo
Once the download is completed, you will need to sign into your Power BI account.
Learn everything you need about ActivityInfo and Power BI in our Webinar "Using ActivityInfo with Power BI".
Obtain the URL of your Form in the Table View page
- Before you connect Power BI to your form in ActivityInfo, you will need to obtain the URL of the API endpoint for your Form
- In the Table View page of your Form, click on "Export" to reveal the drop-down menu and click on "Export via the API".
- From the new options click on "Query all fields as JSON".
- Copy the URL that appears.
Get Data from ActivityInfo in Power BI
To connect ActivityInfo to Power BI, log into Power BI and follow these steps:
- Click "Get Data" and select "Web",
- In the dialog window, select the "Basic" option, paste the URL and click "OK",
- A dialog titled "Access Web content" should appear.
- From the side, choose "Basic"
- In the "User name" field enter the email you use to connect to ActivityInfo
- In the "Password" field, enter your ActivityInfo password, or a personal API token. Adding an API token in your account
If you connect to ActivityInfo through Single Sign
If you do not see the "Access Web content" and the connection is not successful. you may have previously entered credentials incorrectly. Please follow the instructions in the article Updating your credentials
Convert list to table format
- After you have connected your form to Power BI, the Query Editor will open and display a "List" as the result. The following steps explain how to convert this list to a table.
Convert list result to table
- Click "To Table", a pop-up will appear inviting the user to select or enter delimiters and how to handle extra columns.
- Accept the default settings by clicking "OK".
Make final structural changes to the table
- You can make further changes to your table as shown below. For example, re-order the columns, remove columns, re-name the columns etc.
You can configure a scheduled refresh of the data sources in Power BI.