Adding a Measure
The following section describes how to add a Measure to a Pivot Table and select which Statistic to show for it in order to start analyzing the data you have collected. You can also select the way it will be displayed and the number formatting.
To design a Pivot Table you first need to add a Measure to it. This is the actual data source for the Pivot Table.
A Measure can be:
- a Quantity field in which case you also need to define a Statistic for the Measure
- a Text or Select field in which case you can view the 'Count distinct' and 'Count statistics' for that field
- calculated fields using Records of Forms and Subforms.
You can also use the 'Count of all records' as a Measure. In that case, you can analyze the number of Records of a resource (Form, Subform etc.) using more Dimensions:
When using a Quantity field the Statistic is the type (e.g. Count Distinct, Sum, Average etc.) of summary you want to show for the specific Quantity field.
How to add a Measure
- After selecting the source of data you will use for the Pivot Table, select the field(s) you want to use as a Measure from the list of the fields on the Report Design side panel.
- Drag and drop the field to the Measures panel.
- The Measure has been added and you can view it on the Pivot Table.
- To edit the name of the Measure, click on the Measure and type a new name.
To remove a Measure from the Pivot Table click on 'Delete measure'.
- To select the Statistics to view for this Measure, click on the Measure to reveal the Statistic options and select the Statistics you want from the drop-down menu.
- View the Statistic of the Measure on the Pivot Table.
To view another statistic for the same field, drag and drop the field to the Measures panel once more, change the Measure name and select the new statistic.
- You can choose different ways to display a Measure. Select one from the drop-down menu and view the result in the pivot table.
You can also select the Number format. Select one from the drop-down menu and view the result in the pivot table.