Referencing the Partner Form
The following section describes how to reference the Partner Form in your Form to allow your users to select their Partner when they add Records and to assign Permissions to them based on their Partner. The Partner Form exists in Database templates that include Partners such as the "Multi-partner reporting database" template and is located in the "Reference Data" folder which you can access in the Database Design tab of this template.
By referencing this Form you:
- Allow users to select a Partner from the list when adding Records
- Can assign Permissions based on the Users' Partner (in User management)
Before referencing the Form, make sure you have added your Partners in the Partner Form:
How to reference the Partner Form
- In the Form Design page, on the Fields palette, click on "Reference" to select the field.
- Search for your Database and the Folder "Reference Data". Click on the arrows to reveal the contents of each Database or Folder. Click on the "Partner" to select it and click on "Continue".
Fill in the properties of the Reference field by providing:
- Label: type the question for which the User will select an option or give a descriptive name
- Description: optionally provide a description
- Code: optionally provide a code
- In the Settings check the boxes you want to apply for the field.
- Click on "Done" to add the field.
- The Reference field has been added to the Form.
- When you finish adding fields, click on "Save" to save the Form.
- While adding Records, users will be able to select a Partner out of the list of Partners you added in the Partner Form.