Read about the hardware, software, and networking requirements for the ActivityInfo Self-managed Server.
Install ActivityInfo on premise on Windows or Linux, as well as in a customer-managed cloud account.
Run ActivityInfo on a network not accessible via the public internet, including air-gapped networks.
Comply with regulations
Leverage ActivityInfo's capabilities on your own server or cloud account and conform to internal or external regulations.
Deciding on which version to use
- Managed by our team, runs on Google Cloud Platform, available over the public Internet.
- Scalable to any number of users, any number of users, any number of forms, and up to 200,000 records per form.
- Service Level Agreement with SLO of 99.5% availability.
- Weekly automatic software updates.
- Instant data recovery. Our team is responsible for backups and data durability.
- Available via a subscription.
- Managed by your team, runs on a physical computer on premise or on a cloud account you manage. Can run on internal networks, incl. air-gapped networks.
- Scale depends on your hardware. Limited to one physical server or virtual machine.
- Your team is responsible for availability. Downtime required for upgrades and maintenance.
- New features released quarterly.
- Backups and data durability are part of your team's responsibilities. Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives depend on your disaster recovery strategy.
- Available via a licence.
Introduction to the Self-managed Server
Get started with the ActivityInfo Self-managed Server.
News & Stories
Deploy the ActivityInfo Self-managed Server on an on-premise server or virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 or later.
Deploy the ActivityInfo Self-managed Server to any environment with a working Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Deploy ActivityInfo Self-Managed Server using the Docker image.
Deploy the ActivityInfo Self-managed Server on an on-premise server or virtual machine running Debian or Ubuntu Linux.