This position has been closed.
Help us build an intuitive product that plays an important role in humanitarian relief worldwide!
About BeDataDriven and ActivityInfo
ActivityInfo is a comprehensive platform for data collection, storage, and analysis, primarily in humanitarian aid contexts. It is a Software-as-a-Service product owned and operated by BeDataDriven B.V., a privately owned company based in The Hague in the Netherlands.
Our small but growing team builds ActivityInfo, a web-based information management platform supporting humanitarian relief and development assistance operations. Our platform is used in over 70+ countries by customers such as UNICEF and other UN agencies.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with solid full-stack development experience, meaning at least three years working professionally in Java or in similar languages, with a focus on database systems and data processing.
We strive to maintain a healthy work life balance and value releasing continuous improvements each week instead of stressful deadlines. Our diverse, international team is welcoming and supportive of all backgrounds and identities.
What you will work on
You will mostly work independently in regular communication with the engineering director, but as part of a close-knit team you can rely on colleagues to help you out and will be on hand to help in return. You will work on front- and back-end projects which solve complex but important problems for our users.
You will spend your time improving existing features as well as developing new customer-focused projects, for example:
- Improving conflict resolution during synchronization with our offline web client.
- Developing a pipeline for automated analysis of user data sets.
- Working with our UX designer to build user interfaces that make complex tasks, like dashboard layout, simple for users.
- Increasing the performance of our system for large datasets.
- Ensuring that key tasks in the application are accessible to visually impaired users
You will work on many of the technologies our platform is built on, including Java, React, Sass, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), browser APIs like IndexedDB, and Google Cloud services such as App Engine and Cloud Datastore.
What qualifications you must have
- Education in computer science, engineering or software development. We are very open to candidates with equivalent real-world experience, from non-traditional programs, and those starting a career in software development via other routes.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in object-oriented programming languages such as Java.
- Permission to work in the Netherlands.
What qualifications are nice to have
- Background in or experience of database systems and data processing.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform and its services.
- Front-end software development in whatever flavour or framework.
- UI/UX design experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience mentoring colleagues.
What we offer
- A salary of €3500 - €6000 per month (before taxes, and including 8% vakantiegeld paid monthly), depending on experience.
- Contribution to a pension plan.
- 25 days vacation per year.
- Hybrid working with flexible hours / location. We would prefer to find someone who can join us physically in our office in the Hague, but will consider remote candidates with the right experience.
- A public transport card for employees in the Netherlands for work-residence travel.
- Time and budget for professional development.
- Access to OpenUp to improve well-being, through 1:1 sessions, group sessions and self-guided care.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Software Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!