Quality Assurance Engineer - Full-time, The Hague
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with solid experience in quality assurance and software testing, meaning at least three years working professionally as a software tester or in a technical role in tech support or as an implementation specialist.
You should be someone who loves to break things – mainly software! You should be experienced in exploratory testing of complex software and be devious in finding edge cases and anticipating problems in our software early. You should be able to pair this with a highly organised and detail-oriented approach to your work.
You should also be someone with good communication skills, as you will need to communicate complex problems and solutions within our team and to our customers. As our customers often work in challenging and stressful situations, we are looking for someone who can bring a strong empathy for our customers to the team and represent their voice at all stages of the development lifecycle.
We strive to maintain a healthy work life balance and value releasing continuous improvements each week instead of stressful deadlines. Our diverse, international team is welcoming and supportive of all backgrounds and identities.
What you will work on
You will mostly work independently in regular communication with the engineering director, but as part of a close-knit team you can rely on colleagues to help you out and will be on hand to help in return.
As part of your testing responsibilities, you will spend your time:
- Working with developers to provide early feedback on test builds, and completing full QA testing of new features and bug fixes before releasing to production.
- Conducting regular exploratory testing to find problematic edge cases in the live version.
- Managing the weekly release process to ensure bug fixes, improvements, and new features safely reach production.
- Working with the designers, developers, and the product manager to clarify requirements and ensure new features have user acceptance criteria and a test plan from the beginning.
- You will also work directly with end users to troubleshoot unexpected behaviour and coordinate bug fixes.
What qualifications you must have
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in software testing, or in technical roles in 2nd level/senior technical support, or as a software implementation specialist.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with software development teams.
- Fluency in English.
What qualifications are nice-to-have
- Experience working with ActivityInfo in the field
- Experience with low/no-code product testing
- Experience with mobile data collection tools (such as KoboToolbox)
- Experience with business reporting tools (such as PowerBI)
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. with Java/WebDriver)
What we offer
- A salary of €3250 - €4000 per month (before taxes, and including 8% vakantiegeld paid monthly), depending on experience.
- Contribution to a pension plan.
- 25 days vacation per year.
- Hybrid working with flexible hours / location. This is not a remote position, and you must be able to work physically from our office in the Hague.
- A public transport card for work-residence travel.
- Time and budget for professional development.
- Access to OpenUp to improve well-being, through 1:1 sessions, group sessions and self-guided care.
- Monthly outings with the whole team (e.g. pub quiz), with bigger group activities such as ice skating and paintball occasionally.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new QA Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!