Junior Software Engineer
Help us build an intuitive product that plays an important role in humanitarian relief worldwide!
About BeDataDriven and ActivityInfo
ActivityInfo is a comprehensive platform for data collection, storage, and analysis, primarily in humanitarian aid contexts. It is a Software-as-a-Service product owned and operated by BeDataDriven B.V., a privately owned company based in The Hague in the Netherlands.
Our small but growing team builds ActivityInfo, a web-based information management platform supporting humanitarian relief and development assistance operations. Our platform is used in over 70+ countries by customers such as UNICEF and other UN agencies.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with education or experience in software who is early in their career. As we are a small company, what is most important to us is that you are someone who is collaborative, a clear communicator, motivated to improve their skills, and who wants to make a positive real-world impact with their work.
We strive to maintain a healthy work life balance and value releasing continuous improvements each week instead of stressful deadlines. Our diverse, international team is welcoming and supportive of all backgrounds and identities.
What you will work on
You will work closely with the Engineering Director as part of a close-knit team on front- and back-end projects which solve complex but important problems for our users.
You will spend your time improving existing features as well as developing new customer-focused projects, for example:
- Improving synchronization for users in areas with poor/limited internet connection
- Implementing new interfaces such as workflows and notifications
- Increasing the efficiency of our servers
You will work under the guidance of more senior engineers to learn and then master the key technologies our platform is built on, including Java, React, browser APIs like IndexedDB, and Google Cloud.
What qualifications you must have
- Education in computer science, engineering or software development. We are very open to candidates with equivalent real-world experience, from non-traditional programs, and those starting a career in software development via other routes.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, such as Java.
- Permission to work in the Netherlands.
What qualifications are nice to have
- Back-end software development in languages such as Java.
- Front-end software development in whatever flavour or framework.
- UI/UX design experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
What we offer
- A salary of €2500 - €3500 per month (before taxes) including vacation pay (vakantiegeld) paid monthly, and contribution to a pension plan.
- 25 days vacation per year.
- Hybrid working with flexible hours/location. We would expect you to join the team in our office in the Hague 2-3 days a week. As you grow in the role, you will have more flexibility to decide how much time to spend in the office and how much time working from home.
- A public transport card for employees in the Netherlands for work-residence travel.
- Time and budget for professional development.
- Access to OpenUp to improve well-being, through 1:1 sessions, group sessions and self-guided care.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Junior Software Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!